How to Rock a Matte
So many women stray away from mattes for their reputation of being (notoriously) drying. Glo Minerals Suede Matte Lip Crayon puts this stereotype to shame with a formula that glides on feeling moisturizing (making application a cinch) and dries to a beautiful, velvet matte finish. This line has three statement shades: crush, a gorgeous red/orange, sorbet, a beautiful fuchsia/magenta that looks amazing on seriously every skin tone, and bombshell, a classic red that is appropriately named (it’s hard not to feel like a total bombshell in this lipstick).
For those who are less inclined to rock a bright lip, there are more neutral options, which deliver the same beautiful formula.
- Prime Your Pout – I am 100% pro-prime when it comes to rocking (any) lipstick, especially matte lippies! I will say that this particular formula is very forgiving, since it goes on moist and dries down to a comfortable finish, but your lips will definitely look cleaner and plumper if you prime beforehand. Priming can be as simple as using your toothbrush to gentle brush away dead skin, or you can use a product specifically designed for lip exfoliation.
- Moisturize (optional) – Moisturizing before a matte lippie is almost always crucial. This product makes it optional – I would try it both ways and see which you prefer. The formula itself is initially moisturizing, so those who do not struggle with dry lips (and even many who do) will find this product alone to be enough. If you need a balmy feel on your lips, however, I would still recommend a balm applied before this one. You can either apply a balm an hour or so before this, or apply balm, blot, and layer on your lippie.
- Line Your Lips First – Glo Minerals Suede Matte Lipstick offers the convenience of both a lip liner and lipstick with their jumbo pencil design. Make sure your pencil is sharpened and carefully line your lips to your preference. Once you are all lined, fill the rest of your pout and voilas, gorgeous, statement lips.
- Don’t Rub – The temptation to rub your lips together will be there, but with matte lipstick you want to allow it to set and enjoy. This product is not on to feather, but for that perfect matte pout look, it is best to let it be and make sure you aren’t constantly smooshing your lips together (trust me, the temptation will be there, because the formula feels very emollient when it first glides on).
- Go About Your Day Confidently – Statement lips are meant to be fun! And with colors this gorgeous and unique, your lips are sure to get noticed.
This post is sponsored by Glo Minerals.